- Arrow keys. You may move safetly onto any open floor or bridge tile.
- Arrow keys. Move towards an adjacent enemy to attack.
- 'x' - Each weapon has a special attack that can be done by pressing 'x'.
- 'r' - If you get stuck in a level, pressing 'r' will restart it.
- The dagger can be thrown 2 or 3 tiles, but you are left unarmed until you go pick it up. Doesn't affect skeletons.
- The sword has a dash attack. If an enemy is 2 tiles away from you, you will dash to that tile, killing the enemy. You can even dash over pits or floor traps. Be careful, if another enemy is adjacent to where you land, then it will attack you!
- The axe has a push-back attack. All adjacent enemies are pushed back one tile. Skeletons and crates are instantly destroyed. If an enemy can't be pushed back (due to a wall, for example) then it will still be able to attack you!
- The ankh is a holy relic, not a weapon. Skeletons, Vampires, and Necromancers will not come near it. If you are holding it when you die, you will respawn, but the ankh will be destroyed.
- Basic monster, pretty stupid.
- Still pretty basic, still pretty stupid
- Demons are quick and they can fly. They will travel across floor traps and pits, and if you engage them in melee combat while wearing armor, they will get the first hit in.
- Necromancers will turn corpses into skeletons.
- When a vampire is attacked, it turns into a vampire bat. The bat will then attempt to flee into complete darkness. If the bat makes it into darkness, it will turn back into a vampire. Vampires must be killed in bat form to stay dead.